This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Diagnose mechanical and electrical issues associated with all equipment in a manufacturing environment. Responsible for installation, set up, maintenance and repair of all plastic production equipment related to plant operation, services and facilities. Must have a minimum of 3-years experience in a manufacturing environment; proven electrical, mechanical, welding, tool and die, and lift truck experience. Must be knowledgeable in pneumatics, blue prints/schematic readings, PLC's and fabrication. Maintain housekeeping in areas of assigned responsibility to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
- Perform planned electrical/mechanical maintenance on all equipment and machinery for the APET process to ensure the integrity of Production equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair/maintain all equipment and machinery for the APET process including infra-red inspections, PM’s, Automation equipment, Crystallizers and Dryers.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follow company safety procedures and policies.
- Perform time-sensitive work, with focus on work quality and reliability
- Address emergency calls while on the job, particularly relating to production sensitive items
- Work independently and/or with maintenance teams of varying disciplines
- Effectively communicate with machine operators to understand equipment related malfunctions, failures, and general defects
- Must possess an extensive electrical background with experience in troubleshooting and must be familiar with AC and DC drives (ranging from 10-V through 480-V) and PLC’s, servo motors, able to solve temperature problems on heating processes such as thermal couples, temperature controllers, solid state relays and heating elements, capable of diagnosing and solving pressure problems on Dynisco sensing devises and pressure readout meters. Must be computer literate.
- Must have own tools and be flexible to work overtime/weekends
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to operate forklift and/ or scissorlift a plus
- Proficient in the interpretation and adherence to NEC electrical codes
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical schematics and/or manuals
- Ability to understand and interpret PLC error codes, logic diagrams, and devices
- Good ability to navigate through PCs and Human/Machine Interfaces
- Extensive experience with preventive maintenance techniques and devices utilized to conduct preventive / predictive maintenance
- Experience with equipment control systems, including; encoders, position/pressure transducers, material sensing devices, and temperature/motor controllers
- Understanding of timers, counters, and I/O devices associated with PLC systems
- Working knowledge of Indiramat and Control Techniques drives a plus
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Back to top