- Kinston, NC
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Perform various activities on equipment and machines including reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work; start machines and observe mechanical operation to determine efficiency and to detect problems; inspect or test damaged machine parts, and mark defective areas or advise supervisors of repair needs; lubricate or apply other materials to machines, machine parts, or other equipment, according to specified procedures; install, replace, or change machine parts and attachments, according to production specifications; read work orders and specifications to determine machines and equipment requiring repair or maintenance; dismantle machines and remove parts for repair using hand tools.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, mechanical equipment, and physical structures. Handles scheduled and emergency repairs.
- Demonstrates ability to start up plant (generator, air compressor, cooling tower, and chiller), normal plant shutdown, and emergency plant shut down.
- Maintains working knowledge and demonstrated high level of trouble shooting skills of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Displays proficiency in electrical problem solving.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Displays competency in the proper operation of maintenance equipment (lathe, mill, welder, drill press, power tools).
- Possesses and maintains required hand tools necessary for job.
- Correctly identifies proper name of every machine in plant.
- Utilizes computer based inventory system for generating reports to locating spare parts.
- Functions with a high degree of autonomy, requiring minimal supervision.
- Maintains records and time reports as required.
- Performs quality work within reasonable time standards set forth by management in verbal or written instructions.
- Assists electricians as needed.
- May assist in the training of other employees.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment while performing all tasks.
- Utilizes mandatory safety equipment. Executes duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participation in continuous improvement team and activities.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- All maintenance mechanics are expected to be available to work in all areas of forming production.
- Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Minimum two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and/or certification in industrial mechanics through an accredited institution.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #CB1 #ZR
Back to top