This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
This position is responsible for ensuring all plant systems and machines are operational by performing all plant maintenance duties, including maintenance and preventative maintenance functions. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, mechanical equipment, and physical structures. Handles scheduled and emergency repairs.
- Demonstrates ability to start up plant (generator, air compressor, cooling tower, and chiller), normal plant shutdown, and emergency plant shut down.
- Maintains working knowledge and demonstrated high level of trouble shooting skills of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Displays proficiency in electrical problem solving.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Displays competency in the proper operation of maintenance equipment (lathe, mill, welder, drill press, power tools).
- Possesses and maintains required hand tools necessary for job.
- Correctly identifies proper name of every machine in plant.
- Utilizes computer based inventory system for generating reports to locating spare parts.
- Functions with a high degree of autonomy, requiring minimal supervision.
- Maintains records and time reports as required.
- Performs quality work within reasonable time standards set forth by management in verbal or written instructions.
- Assists electricians as needed.
- May assist in the training of other employees.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment while performing all tasks.
- Utilizes mandatory safety equipment. Executes duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participation in continuous improvement team and activities.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- All maintenance mechanics are expected to be available to work in all areas of thermoforming production.
- Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Minimum two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and/or certification in industrial mechanics through an accredited institution.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!