This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position reports to the Department Manager. The position is responsible for all machine maintenance as needed, including preventative maintenance, tier 1 repairs of production equipment, utilities, and facilities including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic trouble-shooting and repair. Strong manufacturing background with demonstrated mechanical aptitude and process troubleshooting skills required, electrical skills desired.
This role oversees all production equipment with essential duties that include:
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures, including lock-out/tag-out.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus. Familiar with all basic mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic equipment repair and techniques.
- Detect and diagnose mechanical failures, including pneumatic and hydraulic malfunctions of equipment, and repair as necessary.
- Perform or assist (if qualified) with all major and minor electrical repairs including 480V 3-phase motor installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, and ground fault detection in accordance to the guidelines established by Pactiv’s “Electrical Safety Program”
- Utilize precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments (ammeter, ohmmeter, testing lamp, etc.) for electrical and mechanical equipment installation and alignment.
- Read mechanical prints, wiring schematics, and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment.
- Repair parts that require minor machine work or welding using gas and/or electric welding equipment when needed.
- Perform other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned, including and not limited to equipment tooling and change-over’s, when needed.
- Communicates problems encountered throughout the shift and report carry-over items at tier 1 meeting.
- Minimum 2 years industrial maintenance experience.
- Two-year Electrical degree or equivalent maintenance experience with strong electrical/mechanical knowledge of industrial systems and automated technologies preferred.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Able to operate forklift, welding experience desired.
- Basic computer skills (email, data entry, etc.) required.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and apply good mathematical reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. #ZR "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top