Maintenance Associate - Day and Night Shift W
- Harker Heights, TX
Maintenance Associate – Day or Night Shift
This position is responsible for ensuring all plant systems and machines are operational by performing all plant maintenance duties, including maintenance and preventative maintenance functions. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. There is a day shift and a night shift position.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, mechanical equipment, and physical structures. Handles scheduled and emergency repairs.
- Demonstrates ability to start up plant (generator, air compressor, cooling tower, and chiller), normal plant shutdown, and emergency plant shut down.
- Maintains working knowledge and demonstrated high level of trouble shooting skills of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems. Displays proficiency in electrical problem solving.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment. Displays competency in the proper operation of maintenance equipment (lathe, mill, welder, drill press, power tools).
- Possesses and maintains required hand tools necessary for job.
- Correctly identifies proper name of every machine in plant.
- Utilizes computer based inventory system for generating reports to locating spare parts.
- Functions with a high degree of autonomy, requiring minimal supervision.
- Maintains records and time reports as required.
- Performs quality work within reasonable time standards set forth by management in verbal or written instructions.
- Assists electricians as needed.
- May assist in the training of other employees.
- Maintains a safe, clean work environment while performing all tasks.
- Utilizes mandatory safety equipment. Executes duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participation in continuous improvement team and activities.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and/or certification in industrial mechanics through an accredited institution.
- One year of lift truck and logistical experience.
Equipment and Machinery used:
- This job requires the ability to use power tools; manufacturing equipment; personal protection equipment (PPE); fine manipulation; office equipment; typing/keyboarding/data entry; and computer/calculator.
- Powered industrial equipment certification and ability to operate man lift, scissor lift and lift truck.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of mechanical aptitude, good basic math skills and working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems.
- Ability to weld.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. ”IND1P” #CB1
Back to top