This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
- Dis-assembles, cleans, repairs as needed, and re-assembles tooling in accordance with prescribed tooling maintenance requirements as well as when needed due to component failure
- Manages storage and organization of tooling to ensure readiness
- Maintains tool cleaning systems to include cleaning tank (changing filters, changing solution and cleaning tank itself)
- Ensures work areas are clean and organized in line with safety and work efficiency objectives
- Assists in some daily routine such as mold cleaning and set-up in shop
- Assists or perform mold changes when needed.
- Trains and oversees associates to ensure changeover and machine set-up integrity is maintained
- Specification and procurement of spare parts
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 7 to 10 years skilled Machinist experience in high precision machine shop/manufacturing environment
- Surface grinding experience required
- Computer literacy in Desktop Applications to include data collection and manipulation
- Ability to execute close tolerance fabrication, component assembly and machine set-up
- Skilled in using precision measurement and set-up devices
- Competent in working with computerized machine controls and interfaces.
- Highly organized, problem solver, able to handle multiple tasks, self-motivated with strong sense of accountability.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with people at all levels within the organization.
- Leadership experience preferred.
- Self-directed with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Results focused with strong desire to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Must be a Team player.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!