This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Hourly Rates $17.98 - $25.66 (Pay Based on Relevant Experience)
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
Build your career at Pactiv Evergreen!
One of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products.
- Competitive pay with quick growth potential plus additional shift premium for nights
- Full-time opportunities - 40 hours per work week with overtime possibilities
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holiday Time-off
- Safety Bonus
- Productivity Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Training Opportunities
- On-the-job Training to build your career!
This role oversees all production equipment with essential duties that include set up, start up, and operation of heavy machinery. In this role, you will ensure that all machinery is running efficiently, producing quality product, and complete minor mechanical work. You will also serve as a resource to the production staff with Quality/Safety and act as Team Lead in their absence.
- Operate heavy machinery to produce food-packaging products, which include maintaining equipment, keeping records, following production schedules, following safety guidelines, and making sure the final products meet quality standards.
- Observe machine operation to detect and diagnose malfunctions; Report major discrepancies to team lead or unit manager.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery to include replacing belts, sensors, mold changes, troubleshoot thermoformers, assist with changeovers, etc.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to production staff and assist with training and development.
- Conduct quality and safety audits; Conduct follow up on any findings to ensure they are properly resolved.
- Act as Team Lead when needed, which consists of managing labor, ensuring production goals are met as it relates to CPM, assisting with employee development, etc.
- Utilize LEAN tools to improve over equipment efficiency
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Qualified candidates’ will have 5-years’ experience in a fast-paced production environment with demonstrated ability to perform.
- Possess hands-on working knowledge of industrial systems.
- Completed required training/documentation to be an Operator Specialist
- Proven mechanical ability and aptitude with capability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heavy machinery.
- Previous leadership experience, preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple deliverables to achieve KPI’s
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!