This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Summary: Operates thermoforming equipment to produce egg cartons.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Uses measurement instruments to check work.
- Makes adjustments and notifies tooling of the need for more complex machine adjustments.
- Removes parts from the press.
- Assures parts are produced to quality specifications.
- Inspects and packs parts.
- Accurately reads and operates machine’s computer console.
- Responsible for the overall continuing manufacturing process.
- Responsible for properly producing product with correct labels.
- Housekeeping on a daily basis.
- When necessary, will perform same duties as production employees and packers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
It is the intent, objective and philosophy of Pactiv to produce safe, legal and quality products. Pactiv makes every effort to ensure product conformity at each manufacturing step while maintaining a safe production environment and a workforce superior for the thermoforming of food contact packaging products.
To ensure product safety, this position will:
- Adhere to Pactiv’s GMP requirements
- Identity product and/or situations that risk product contamination
- Close and seal boxes adequately to prevent contamination
- Identify product and/or situations that violate cleaning and pest control requirements
- Inform quality regarding nonconforming product so it can be segregated
- Make certain that no glass is brought into the facility
- Not store product directly on the floor
- Only place goods in approved containers
- Not use Pactiv containers for storing miscellaneous items
- Practice good hygiene and not eat, drink (water in plastic bottles is allowed) or use tobacco except in designated areas
- Clean work area using approved chemicals, equipment and technique
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience working with thermoformers and / or the plastics industry is preferred. He / She must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #ZR #CB1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top