Machine Operator 2nd Shift
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
3 pm – 11 pm
(sometimes 12 hours)
Shift differential- 2nd shift- $.45/hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Duties performed by employees in this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
· Consistently operates one or more machines at or above standard levels considering waste, efficiency and utilization.
· Troubleshoot causes of machine malfunctions. Make appropriate adjustments or repairs to ensure that the quality of the cartons meeting specifications and that the machines operate properly.
· Conducts quality checks at regular intervals. Takes corrective action to fix defects identified.
· Performs minor repairs during production.
· Performs simple make readies and changeovers.
· Performs daily machine maintenance.
· Performs weekly machine maintenance.
· Communicates with the operator from the previous and following shifts to review any problems experienced on the machines throughout the department.
· Communicates with supervisor to determine priorities for the day and identify any change overs or other special directions related to the department.
· Communicates production information to crew members.
· Performs purge procedures when changing to a new product and completes the required checklists.
· Covers breaks for feeders and catcher/packers.
· Insures that corrugated, trays and other supplies are available for catcher/packers.
· Completes appropriate end of shift paperwork, accounting for crewing time, machine time, and production quantities.
· Read and understands job sheets. Uses information to ensure machine is set up and production is run according to specification.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
· Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
Union: United Steel Workers Union Local 940
Union dues after 30th working day are based on a percentage of pay; initiation fee after 90 days-$50.00.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older; criminal background checks and drug screening required.At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top