This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Consistently operates a zone of forming machines at or above standard levels of operation considering waste, efficiency and utilization. Trouble shoot, identify and correct machine related problems through proper adjustments to various parts of the machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently operates zone of forming machines at or above standard levels considering waste, efficiency and utilization.
- Troubleshoot causes of machine malfunctions. Make appropriate adjustments or repairs to ensure that the quality of the cartons meeting specifications and that the machines operate properly.
- Conducts quality checks at regular intervals. Takes corrective action to fix defects identified.
- Performs minor repairs during production.
- Performs changeovers.
- Performs weekly machine maintenance
- Communicates with the operator from the previous and following shifts to review any problems experienced on the machines throughout the department.
- Communicates with supervisor to determine priorities for the day and identify any change overs or other special directions related to the department.
- Operator will communicate to C/P/F of the changes.
- Communicates production information to crew members.
- Performs purge procedures when changing to a new product and completes the required checklists
- Covers breaks for feeders and catcher/packers in zone
- Insures that corrugated, bags and other supplies are available for catcher/packers.
- Completes appropriate end of shift paperwork, machine time, and production quantities.
- Reads and understands job jackets. Uses information to ensure machine is set up and production is run according to specification.
- Completes quality paperwork and hour by hour leader standard work.
- Follows LOTO and alternative LOTO procedures
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- “A” rate qualification requires performing three make readies.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #ZR
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top