At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments; unloads and receives shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Achieve objectives to maintain and improve the quality, safety and legality of product manufacture.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Loads/Unloads product onto trucks.
- Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and notifies management of any action items.
- Stages received goods in appropriate plant locations.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates fork lift truck or uses hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Updates order entry system (SAP).
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Receives invoices into SAP from vendors
Problem solving, time management, technical skills, interpersonal, oral communication, written communications, teamwork, judgment, motivation, planning, organizing, professionalism, quality, safety, adaptability, attendance, punctuality, dependability, initiative, innovation.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Must have 3+ years of Forklift experience—sit down and stand up forklifts.
SAP experience a must
English; Spanish helpful, but not require.
Basic Math aptitude required
Basic PC knowledge including MS Office applications, Lotus Notes. SAP a plus.
Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
Loud, humid, extreme heat (depending on season), dusty, fumes, Must be flexible for overtime and COP work schedule.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Back to top