At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Safely and effectively ensures that the thermoforming/Extrusion operations are kept replenished with materials needed to run production and removal of finished goods to warehouse and shipping. Achieve objectives to maintain and improve the quality, safety and legality of product manufacture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures an adequate supply of materials is available to production operation
- Removes finished goods from production area and stages them for shipping
- Loads and unloads freight in a safe and efficient manner
- Clears blockages from production area to ensure product lines are kept flowing
- Quickly notifies operator and/or supervisor of quality issues as they arise
- Promptly informs supervisor of any issues concerning health and safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies
- Follows all Company established rules and policies
- Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain bin accuracy; clean up bins as needed
- Ensures housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility is safe, clean and tidy
- Ability to keep accurate records and inventory
- Ability to work independently as well as working with others effectively as a part of a team is essential
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Time management, interpersonal skills, oral communication, written communications, teamwork, judgment, motivation, planning, organizing, professionalism, quality, quantity, safety, adaptability, attendance, punctuality, dependability, initiative, innovation, mechanical aptitude, detail oriented, organizing
Education and/or Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalency preferred; Lift truck certified preferred. 2 years of previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is required; Satisfactory completion of forklift training program; Flexibility to work overtime and off shifts as needed
Language Skills: English; Spanish helpful
Mathematical Skills: Basic
Computer Skills: RF Scanners; some SAP
Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 30 lbs, pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
Work Environment: Loud, humid, extreme heat (depending on season), dusty, fumes
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top