LTO 1 Temp to Hire
- Romeoville, IL
DESCRIPTION: this position is temp to hire. Responsible for operating various types of forklifts including RTs, RCs, sit-down forklifts. Must have computerized WMS experience/ RF scanner experience.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently operate in a warehouse environment
- Utilize a forklift to transport, pick and load finished orders throughout the facility
- Identify and report any equipment, quality or unsafe practices and/or conditions
- Delivers materials to work areas as directed, stacks materials in storage areas and loads shipments in trailers.
- Prepares and checks necessary receipts, records and reports.
- Housekeeping on a daily basis: ensuring that all areas in which he or she works are clean and that all items are stored in their proper places.
- Support warehouse initiatives
- Other duties may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to use a scanner and computer.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have the basic ability to communicate, orally and written, in the English language.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to work with little supervision.
- Will be required to be certified in Lockout/Tag Out and Forklift Operation upon assignment
Exposed to extreme temperatures during summer months; there may be some exposure to dust inside warehouse area. This position requires constant use of hands. Surrounded by warehouse, production equipment within immediate working space, platforms/ scaffolds, ladders, etc.
Ladder/Steps Climbing, Bending/Twisting, Stooping/Squatting/Sitting/Full body Mobility/Kneeling/Crawling/Bending/Carrying: 0-30 lbs for 5-10 feet, high, low, out-reaching/Standing/Walking. Repetitive Use of: Wrists/Hands/ Fingers/Shoulders/Elbows/Hips/Ankles/Head/Neck.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top