Lead Application Developer
Lead Application Developer
Responsible for the technical development and maintenance of digital manufacturing applications. This position is part of Pactiv’s digital manufacturing transformation by implementing, supporting, and continuously optimizing digital manufacturing solutions to improve overall OEE and reduce cost. It will partner with the plants by providing services needed to conduct deployment assessments, surface innovation opportunities, and continuously innovate digital manufacturing capabilities.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Reporting to the Solution Manager, serve as the subject matter expert for the digital manufacturing applications
- Own the technical design and ongoing development and maintenance of applications, i.e.,
- Produce detailed specifications based on requirements
- Develop and test new functionalities and enhancements
- Write code and / or instruct programmers
- Support the testing and release of applications (new deployments and enhancements)
- Manage / coach additional developers, as needed
- Coordinate with other application teams (SAP, Maintenance Connection, etc.)
- Serve as Tier 3 application support, i.e., work with Technology Analyst to resolve advanced software issues, as needed
- This role may be expected to travel occasionally (5-30% depending on home location) to work with the Solution Manager/ team as required.
- BS/MS – Computer Science and/or Engineering
Key Past Experience:
- Experienced in front and back end software development
- Experienced in software and user interface testing
- Have used DevOps or Agile software architecture, design, documentation and release methodology
- Have deployed software across development, QA, stage, and production environments
- Understands user experience / user interface design and IoT architecture
- Understands ThingWorx integration with data analytics and historians
Skills & Attributes:
- Expertise in Agile software architecture, design, documentation and release methodology
- Adept at learning, implementing, and using PTC ThingWorx, including application and mashup/visualization development, integration to other systems (SAP, Maintenance Connection, OSIsoft PI, National Instruments, Kepware, etc.)
- Knowledge of IoT platform architecture and UX/UI design
- Understanding of data science, data historians and data acquisition
- Continuous process improvement skills
- Strong communication skills – with users, technical and functional teams, and senior management
- Adaptable to change
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P”
Back to top