This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering Programs, the Engineer will work directly with other Engineers, Production Managers, Quality Control, and Product Design and Development Teams to identify and eliminate waste associated with workers tasks and worker/equipment interaction.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to eliminate waste associated with worker’s activities and how workers interact with the process and equipment.
- Lead the advancement and implementation of lean manufacturing initiatives in production to achieve a reduction in labor needed.
- Coordinate/lead problem solving activities on plant floor with multi-department resources.
- Establish operational methods and work standards using various work measurement techniques.
- Optimize use of floor space, materials, personnel, and equipment.
- Support manufacturing production teams to improve efficiency and resolve issues.
- Analyze existing operations and propose cost justified improvements.
- Optimize employee production and material efficiency through continuous improvement.
- Maintain high quality standards through on-the-floor interaction with employees to ensure quality and accuracy in each step of the production process.
- Lead the implementation of new processes, equipment, and products.
- Initiate, plan, execute, and control strategic projects to accomplish operations’ strategic goals.
- Four (4) year degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering.
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in an engineering/manufacturing/operations environment.
- Strong lean manufacturing experience especially in continuous improvement, elimination of waste, 5S, Kaizen events, value stream mapping and visual management.
- Able to initiate, plan, direct, and execute process improvement projects.
- Multiple years of direct experience in: Work flow mapping, work cell layout improvements
Other Job Requirements:
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Location: Chicago area
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top