- Conyers, GA
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc
Build your career at Pactiv!
One of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products.
- Competitive pay with quick growth potential plus additional shift premium for nights
- Full-time opportunities - 40 hours per work week with overtime possibilities
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holiday Time-off
- Safety Bonus
- Productivity Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Training Opportunities
- On-the-job Training to build your career!
This role oversees all shift activity in the grinding room. In this role, you will operate all grinders, forklift truck, and department equipment.
- Operates grinders (i.e. hand and pedestal) to remove excess flashing in a safe manner by inspecting grinder for proper adjustment, cracks or chips in the wheel and overall working condition.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize the different grades of materials; Ensure that regrind is not mixed or contaminated.
- Properly identify and tag all boxes of regrind.
- Complete appropriate end of shift paperwork, accounting for crewing time, machine time, and production quantities.
- Inspect and recognize defective product and make machine adjustments to correct cause of defects.
- Assemble, load, and/or unload materials to designated area using appropriate equipment including forklift, clamp lift, barcode readers and safety equipment
- Troubleshoots work related problems by trying to determine the source of the problem.
- Performs minor maintenance on the grinders (replacing wheels and bits).
- Observe all housekeeping, standard work, and safety guidelines.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Qualified candidates’ will have 1-year experience in a fast-paced production environment with some mechanical knowledge of industrial systems.
- Successful completion of lift truck/forklift certification program
- Minimum of 2 years lift truck/clamp truck experience working in a fast paced logistics environment preferred
- Mechanical aptitude, demonstrated problem solving skills and effective communication skills - written and verbal are required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to stand on your feet and work for an entire 12 hour shifts
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
#LI-TM1 "IND1P" #CB1
Back to top