This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY: To ensure the machine is in good repair and is safe to operate to manufacture the standard output in the required time and achieves our quality specifications.
- Comply with all EHS policies, procedures, and safe work instructions in place
- Pack finish product in box according to the shop docket, tape box, place on skid and prepare another box
- Follow company policies and procedures, relating to safety, quality, good manufacturing practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain daily and quality control documentation
- Verify product code, material, boxes and work order numbers with the shop floor docket
- Prepare samples for checks for quality checks
- Ensure the quality of production, if quality is poor draw issues to the mechanics
- Threading and starting machines when needed
- Housekeeping, keep area clean and organized
- Complete production sheet and hour by hour (write down time, calculate quantity produced at end of shift)
- Keep machine running while minimizing scrap
- Perform roll changes
- Perform autonomous maintenance on the machine.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Less than 6 months of experience in manufacturing
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Math Skills (calculators to determine and record production data)
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding mechanical systems
- Basic troubleshooting skills to resolve minor machine issues relating to its operation
- Understanding of production measurement tools such as level, etc.
- Detailed record keeping
- Manual Dexterity
- Hand/eye coordination
- Attention to detail
- Lifting up to 15 lbs /Pulling /Pushing
- Hot temperatures in the summer months
- Repetitive work
- Fast pace environment
- Very noisy work area - hearing protection is mandatory.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
#LI-TM1 "IND1P" #CB1