FT Assistant Press Operator
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- Reads and understands job jacket to ensure production is run according to specification.
- Assist in machine make-ready to set it up to run proper production.
- Performs quality checks according to established procedures to ensure all Quality Standards (Color matches and Registration) are being met.
- Performs machine trouble shooting and makes adjustments to correct quality or efficiency problems related to machine set up or mechanical defect.
- Keeps all waste and scrap within company guidelines.
- Assist in training of new employees and directing the daily duties of subordinates.
- Makes sure correct inks are in place and are changed out when there is a copy change made on the Press.
- Stages rolls of paper at the back of the press using air activated roll pusher, manually pushing rolls into final position.
- Assist in removal of W.I.P pallets from press.
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision.
- Basic computer skills(Press controls, ink system)
- Basic understanding of Machinery (Hydraulics and Pneumatics). Ability to use hand tools to remove, install, and adjust parts of machine.
- Ability to perform simple calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) and applies good mathematical reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to be detail oriented.
- Must be able to read, understand, and apply S.W.I.S.
- Positive work attitude and willingness to cooperate.
- Required to stand to perform all duties of the job.
- Pushing/moving of raw material and equipment required. Weight range will be from 100 to 2000 lbs.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top