FORK LIFT OPERATOR (NIGHT)
- Huntersville, NC
Fork Lift Operator (NIGHT)
**Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
Now offering a signing bonus to qualified candidates up to $500!
Night shift 7pm-7am
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Support load management of all incoming and outgoing freight, production support, including, but not limited to:
- Pulling of WIP and raw material for production support.
- Receiving of production and put away.
- Pulling product and staging product for loading.
- Complete a thorough visual inspection of trailers to ensure they are in acceptable condition prior to beginning loading.
- Verification of receipts, load sheets and other required paperwork.
- Ensure that all outgoing finished goods pallets are in good condition, including but not limited to; pallet condition, shrink wrapping, labeling, non-damaged boxes/product, etc.
- Ensure that loads are properly secured and are in good condition, including but not limited to; finished goods, machinery, equipment, corrugated box scrap, etc.
SPECIFIC SKILLS& EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Good work record. Must possess strong inter personal skills, including written and verbal communication. Must be able to successfully obtain forklift operator certification. This includes medical assessment, classroom and hands-on training, completion of evaluation. Strong math skills are a plus. Prior forklift experience is required, stand up and sit-down lifts. SAP experience preferred.
- Ensure that all deliveries are processed correctly, including but not limited to; acceptable load condition, correct warehouse placement with respect to inventory rotation
- Complete cycle counts as assigned and communicate results.
- Uphold the warehouse standards by maintaining items in their designated areas, including, but not limited to trash, pallets, forklift trucks, boxes and finished goods.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Shipping/Receiving internal and external Dock areas and Warehouse work areas by: sweeping, dusting and removing trash; empty full trash cans and operate trash compactor; dispose of hazardous waste materials in the designated locations; assist in maintaining cleanliness of shared areas, such as bathrooms and break rooms.
- Communicate with vendors, drivers, suppliers and/or contractors with attention to their safety, building security and customer service.
- Complete rework of finished goods pallets, as needed.
- LOTO training for authorized and designated personnel will be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead or Supervisor
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Back to top