This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Oversees the operations of the Dry End of the Macon Facility. This includes the positions of Dry End Operator, Material Handler, Stacker and Wrapper. Maintains excellent safety and housekeeping standards, and verifies quality and production paperwork.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all documented procedures for the position to include all JSAs for the Dry End.
- Perform Emergency Response duties as required.
- Check orders in the Dry End for accuracy.
- Ensure excellent housekeeping standards to maintain a safe work area.
- Be present for machine startups to watch for fire.
- Coordinate labor when lines are down.
- Facilitate the training process for each position.
- Ensure a smooth transition at shift change.
- Assist the Team Leader as required.
- Immediately address ink, grease or oil on the floor.
- Follow established break schedule.
- Maintains solid communication with operators and plant supervision.
- Informs Team Leader of any problems in the area.
- Maintains excellent safety record.
- Maintains excellent attendance record.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential job duties:
- stand approximately 10 hours per shift, lift 26 - 36 pounds on a frequent basis, and work in an un-air-conditioned environment.
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Up to five (5) years of experience in various positions in the Macon Facility. Mechanical and Leadership experience is a plus.
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing environment; including successful completion of jobs or similar activities requiring control of a mechanical process and inspection of product to meet quality standards.
- Demonstrated self-compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Ability to work in a self-directed position.
- Ability to work safely and to communicate with others in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability sufficient to determine product quality, for example, carton malformations, color verification, and structural integrity.
- Demonstrated hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for product handling.
- Ability to work in an industrial environment with rotating shifts.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits:our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!