This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
Project Engineering Manager for the design procurement and installation of systems or equipment related to Plant Utilities & Infrastructure. These include: Electrical services & power distribution; compressed air, vacuum, process cooling water (ae. cooling towers, chillers and process water treatment.), boilers, generators, HVAC and building automation systems.
- Manage multiple projects to effectively meet deadlines.
- Provide analysis and report of electrical power distribution systems and infrastructure equipment to support new production equipment installations and potential plant expansions. This should include the initial design, sizing, equipment specifications, and the cost investment detail estimates.
- Communicate with various utilities to determine available capacity to support future loads.
- Coordinate between plant and utility for new services installations and scheduled power outages.
- Identify creative solutions for cost savings and/or achieving strategic goals.
- Perform periodic review for various plants of their preventative maintenance programs and service agreements related to infrastructure equipment, assuring that plant facilities and production equipment are properly maintained.
- Work with various plants technical and operations resources to identify capital deployment opportunities.
- Responsible for CAR submissions and coordination of capital activities.
- Provide engineering support and resources as needed to sustain plant infrastructure reliability.
- Help to develop the technical talent in the group.
- Acts as internal consultant providing technical guidance on the most complex projects and problems by applying creativity, innovation, tools, methods, and techniques integrated with technical insights, knowledge and experience to form conclusions and resolutions.
- BS degree in engineering preferred, with 10 years of applicable experience in engineering field with demonstrated project and process management skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills and negotiation skills required.
- Experienced in Excel, Word & Microsoft Project
- Experienced user of AutoCAD required.
- Experience with Maintenance Connection (work order system) and SAP is a plus.
- Previous hands-on experience working with any or all of infrastructure equipment listed above is desired. Familiarity working within manufacturing environment and with process equipment also desired.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve various technical related issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish priorities using good project management techniques
- Ability to travel.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.