Extrusion Team Lead
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
SUMMARY: Safely and effectively operates extrusion equipment to ensure quality product is produced.
PURPOSE OF POSITION – The primary role of the Operator C will be to oversee the operation of plastic processing equipment such as extruders, dryers, crystallizers, blenders. Accountabilities also include ensuring that jobs meet quality specifications, manufacturing standards and that safety procedures are followed while working to continuously improve quality and productivity of manufacturing operations.
Ability to recognize and perform minor and/ or major adjustments as needed to extruders in a safe and productive manner.
- Ability to train newly and existing Operator B’s and Cs on how to effectively set up and run all extruders.
- Act as a back-up to the Shift Lead.
- Ability to operate the following equipment: Resin supply systems, Extruders, Screen Changes, Dies, Chrome/Chill rolls, Regrind systems, Crystallizers, Hoists, and Forklifts.
- Ability to set up processes which can include mechanical work supported by a Team Leader, Natural Team Leader, operator and /or maintenance mechanic.
- Ability to use hand tools during equipment C/O’s and or/ Set up, Start up, and shutdown processes following written JSA procedures.
- Ability to provide accurate documentation of extruder run conditions and quality test results. Ability to operate and troubleshoot equipment to produce quality sheet (rolls) to customer specification.
- Ensure maximum efficiency of equipment (production rate and material consumption).
- Identify nonconforming material/products and work with shift leaders for resolution.
- Follow GMP (Goods Manufacturing Practices) and perform 5S housekeeping duties.
- Accurately record and complete all shift documentation/paperwork.
- Ensure a seamless shift hand-off- go over updates with incoming shift.
- Follow all established safety procedures including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Able to perform quality checks (mil thickness, gels, pitting, cracking, and haze levels) per extruded sheet and/ or roll (s), document readings every hour during the shift.
- Able to comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
- Ability to follow Supervisors and/ or Team Leader instructions/directions as given.
- Possess the following skills: problem solving, team work, communication and initiative.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand how equipment works.
- Must be able to follow detailed written operating procedures (in English).
- Must have a safety orientated attitude and the ability to work safely.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate manufacturing process skills, process awareness, including appropriate operation changes to sustain quality product.
- Must be flexible to work overtime.
- Three (3) years of manufacturing or related experience operating and/ or running plastics processing equipment (extruders). Dryers, Crystalizers.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Experience in operating manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to read and operate micrometer (s).
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Time management, interpersonal skills, oral communication, written communications, teamwork, judgment, motivation, planning, organizing, professionalism, quality, quantity, safety, adaptability, attendance, punctuality, dependability, initiative, innovation, mechanical aptitude, detail oriented, organizing
Education and/or Experience:
HS Diploma or equivalency preferred; previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is required; Ability to lead, motivate and develop the team and be able to work well with others effectively as a part of a team is essential; Flexibility to work overtime and off shifts as needed
Language Skills: English; Spanish
Mathematical Skills: Basic
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, SAP Timekeeping and Production,
Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
Loud, humid, extreme heat (depending on season), dusty, fumes
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top