Extrusion Process Technician
- Augusta, GA
EXTRUSION PROCESS TECHNICIAN
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
This position works closely with operations to resolve extrusion process issues, provides technical support to maintenance to resolve equipment issues, and executes projects for engineering. Supervise contractors to minimize scheduled and unscheduled downtime, and perform equipment modifications and installations. Drive a planned and predictive, failure elimination, data based organization to maximize line performance. Provide expertise and technical support for mechanical, electrical and electronic components.
- Drive a zero EHS incident culture, support and participate in incident investigations to determine root cause and identify preventive actions, correct unsafe conditions and acts immediately, and use every incident or near miss as a teaching moment for others as necessary
- Develop process methods and controls to meet quality standards, work close with quality to quickly resolve production out of specifications
- Adhere to budgets by managing monthly spend to the given forecast, lower spends from previous year month to month, and explain variances as requested
- Set a leadership example that includes spending time with personnel, listening to new ideas and suggestions, and promoting participation in decisions and activities
- Own extrusion process parameters and improvements
- Evaluate production and processes, respond to problems in a timely manner utilizing the Process Interruption Rapid Response Process, and keep plant management informed of special occurrences
- Troubleshoot complex critical processes and equipment issues, and provide technical leadership and guidance to resolve these issues
- Utilize problem solving techniques including PDCA to solve problems to root cause, implement actions that prevent re-occurrence, improve operations, etc.
- Oversee and support design and process changes, capital projects, modifications, installations, repairs, and provide data to improve maintenance and reliability processes
- Assist in start-up and commissioning of altered/new equipment and process parameters
- Identify and provide training for operations and maintenance personnel to keep them updated, grow their knowledge base, and ensure specialty knowledge is at least two deep
- Design material handling solutions, performing associated equipment layout, conducting time studies, cost estimates, savings analyses, and benefits
- Interpret drawings, diagrams, schematics, specifications, PLC ladder diagrams, etc., and understand hydraulics, pneumatics, electric circuitry, electronics and electro-mechanical concepts, both AC and DC
- Maintain and manage engineering department technical procedures, manuals and drawings, including records of as-built equipment and process changes
- Attend all Tier meetings and utilize the Pactiv Business System (PBS) to promote continuous improvement, i.e.; A3, 5S, SMED, Standard Work, Problem Solving, etc.
- Review product specifications with product development to determine compatibility of processing methods, and to determine costs and schedules
- Establish working relationships with extrusion technicians from other plants and corporate technology center personnel, participate in sharing of best practice information among the plants
- Work overtime and off-hours, as needed, to support a 24/7/365 operations
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- BS degree in Engineering preferred; Mechanical or Electrical preferred
- Minimum ten years applicable experience with five to seven years in a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Minimum ten years’ experience in foam and plastics extrusion required
- Must have acceptable safety, attendance and work records
- Possess the ability to supply technical support to non-technical personnel
- Sincere hands-on approach
- Proficient in computer applications including CAD, Microsoft applications, Outlook, SAP, etc.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and National Electric Codes
- Strong troubleshooting skills and logic to solve problems to root cause
- Knowledge and ability to apply mathematical concepts
- Proactive and self-motivated to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization, contractors, and vendors
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints and tight deadlines
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
#LI-TM1 "IND1P" #CB1
Back to top