Extrusion Process Specialist
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and regulations
- Provides hands-on technical support (troubleshooting, repairs, and modifications) for process and equipment issues in a large and complex 24/7 extrusion manufacturing operation. Duties also include; supporting production, safety, new product trials, process/equipment reliability and performance, cost, and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Responsible for plant quality issues and reporting.
- Responsible for the control of processes, which includes, but not limited to; tracking, reporting, training and implementation of the Phase 4 process.
- Reports to the Maintenance Lead/Supervisor and routinely interacts on a professional level with hourly operations and maintenance resources across all shifts. Occasionally provides instructions and direction to operational support.
- Helps to create and maintain accurate engineering, maintenance, process, and product specification related documentation.
- Monitors and records effects of OEE and Processes. Responsible for documenting machine improvements and reporting issues, monitoring processes daily using standard work documents.
- Effectively utilizes lean manufacturing concepts (5S, Kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance) and the Pactiv Business System to identify and sustainably eliminate waste.
- Attend all necessary Tier 1, II, III, Level IV and appropriate meetings.
- Read and interpret dial calipers, micrometers, temperature indicators/probes, scales etc.
- Perform all other assigned duties
- High school diploma or equivalent with 3+ years maintenance related experience in continuous manufacturing required (extrusion operations knowledge preferred).
- Working knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and vacuum systems.
- Extrusion process knowledge preferred.
- Solid communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to effectively develop and / or train employees across all levels of the organization.
- Must have knowledge of basic PC literacy including Microsoft applications. SAP experience preferred.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top