Extrusion Operator Team Lead - Day Shift
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
SUMMARY: Safely and effectively operates extrusion equipment to ensure quality product is produced.
Ability to recognize and perform minor and/ or major adjustments as needed to extruders in a safe and productive manner.
- Ability to train newly and existing Operator B’s and Cs on how to effectively set up and run all extruders.
- Act as a back-up to the Shift Lead.
- Ability to operate the following equipment: Resin supply systems, Extruders, Screen Changes, Dies, Chrome/Chill rolls, Regrind systems, Crystallizers, Hoists, and Forklifts.
- Ability to set up processes which can include mechanical work supported by a Team Leader, Natural Team Leader, operator and /or maintenance mechanic.
- Ability to use hand tools during equipment C/O’s and or/ Set up, Start up, and shutdown processes following written JSA procedures.
- Ability to provide accurate documentation of extruder run conditions and quality test results. Ability to operate and troubleshoot equipment to produce quality sheet (rolls) to customer specification.
- Ensure maximum efficiency of equipment (production rate and material consumption).
- Identify nonconforming material/products and work with shift leaders for resolution.
- Follow GMP (Goods Manufacturing Practices) and perform 5S housekeeping duties.
- Accurately record and complete all shift documentation/paperwork.
- Ensure a seamless shift hand-off- go over updates with incoming shift.
- Follow all established safety procedures including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Able to perform quality checks (mil thickness, gels, pitting, cracking, and haze levels) per extruded sheet and/ or roll (s), document readings every hour during the shift.
- Able to comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
- Ability to follow Supervisors and/ or Team Leader instructions/directions as given.
- Possess the following skills: problem solving, team work, communication and initiative.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand how equipment works.
- Must be able to follow detailed written operating procedures (in English).
- Must have a safety orientated attitude and the ability to work safely.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate manufacturing process skills, process awareness, including appropriate operation changes to sustain quality product.
- Must be flexible to work overtime.
- Three (3) years of manufacturing or related experience operating and/ or running plastics processing equipment (extruders). Dryers, Crystalizers.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Experience in operating manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to read and operate micrometer (s).
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. 'IND1P" #ZR
Back to top