Extrusion Operator Specialist (Operator C)
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
•Run a manufacturing production line: Be able to run a line at standard speed, meetings quality, efficiency and downtime standards.
•Understand and follow operator standard work for work cells.
•Be able to keep up with packing line at standard speed.
•Maintain a clean work area throughout the shift.
•Follow 5S guidelines. •Remove scrap from line and grind in correct grinder. •Follow all safety rules and wear PPE.
•Be flexible, help others, be willing to learn, and fill-in as needed.
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and the ability to understand how equipment works.
- Must be able to follow detailed written operating procedures (in English).
- Must have a safety orientate attitude and the ability to work safely.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate manufacturing process skills, process awareness, including appropriate operation changes to sustain quality product.
- Must have own tools and be flexible to work overtime.
- Three (3) years of manufacturing or related experience operating and/ or running plastics processing equipment (extruders).
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Experience in operating manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to read and operate micrometer (s).
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.
Back to top