Extrusion Operator Associate
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
The Operator B’s main function is to operate Extrusion equipment within the standard guidelines, in a safe and efficient manner, meeting maximum output rates and monitoring resin feed system, extrusion process, die performance as well as downstream equipment.
- Operate extruder to produce rolls that conform to all quality and profile specifications
- Maintain accurate account of all poundage produced on extruder
- Responsible for accurately completing and processing all documents necessary for tracking extrusion operations, including condition sheets as needed
- Make process changes and roll changes
- Change screens every on every roll during a color change and/or as needed
- Handle extruder maintenance according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Check silos and rail car levels/inventory
- Handle color and product changes on extruder
- Inspect quality of regrind prior to use.
- Insures quality of raw material going into the crystallizer, mixer and dryer meets co. guidelines.
- Communicate all pertinent information at shift change
- Understand and practice all safety procedures and rules
- Responsible for work orders and basic adjustments of equipment
- Know locations of and how to operate emergency stop buttons and fire extinguishers in your area
- Fully train new operators, checking off on training checklists
- Provide relief to other members of team as necessary
- Perform sheet quality testing after each roll
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures
- All other duties as assigned by Team Leader
- Must be knowledgeable in operation of Extrusion equipment.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email [email protected] . Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.
Back to top