Extrusion Operator Associate
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Responsible for routine set-ups and simple adjustments to the extrusion machines and related equipment. Utilizes a pallet jack to move equipment and materials. Ensures material is properly mixed and uses plastic granulator to dispose of out of spec materials. Inspects work-in-process and maintains necessary records.
Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Attends required training to increase knowledge.
- Ensures compliance with GMP’s, Safety, Quality Procedures and keep Productivity Standards.
- Able to inspect and recognize defective product and make machine adjustments to correct cause of defects.
- Sets up machines and equipment and make minor adjustments/repairs as necessary using appropriate bench and hand tools, etc.
- Performs quality checks and makes the necessary adjustments.
- Checks controls on equipment relating to vacuums, heat, pressures, timing, water flow, etc.
- Maintain various records such as production reports, data entry and detailed shift reports.
- Responsible for on-the-job training of other Associates.
- Checks raw materials inventory and informs warehouse of shortages.
- Communicates effectively with oncoming shift lead/operator regarding all pertinent information.
- Provides break relief to other members of the team as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed by Team Leader.
1. In-depth knowledge of plastic extrusion machinery operations and auxiliary equipment, set-up procedures through accreditation by a technical or vocational college and/or five or more year’s on-the-job experience with plastic extrusion machinery.
2. Four years in a plastic extrusion environment preferred.
3. Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
4. Excellent knowledge of plant and machine safety.
5. Must have good math skills and the ability to work with measurements and ratios.
6. Must have good written and verbal communication.
7. Ability to work in a team environment.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top