Are you a plant mechanic or tech with experience in extrusion or injection/blow molding? Have you led a team of of operators or technicians? Are you ready for the next step in your career? Then come join an industry leader and grow your career with Pactiv!
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Manage the extrusion polystyrene foam process, using continuous flow, standard work, check and balance audits. Ensure that system is stable by conducting daily process quality checks, data entry checks. Work with thermoforming to ensure that extrusion process is supporting internal customer needs. Manage and support departmental staffing, training, and skill development and work standardization. Support and manage the extrusion department utilizing a 24/7 availability / call in. Manage and maintain raw material and spare parts inventories, by conducting daily inventory audits. Participate / lead communication meetings to support continuous flow and positive efficiency in both extrusion and thermoforming departments.
- Maintains world class polystyrene foam manufacturing standards.
- Leads and monitors extrusion process, to insure system stabilization.
- Manage a staff of 16 machine operators. Conduct regular performance evaluations, safety audits, manage Time and Attendance through SAP.
- Responsible for staffing and training all extrusion department personnel. Responsible for training forklift operators (jointly with warehouse manager).
- Implement and demonstrate best practices and consistent policies. Complete and maintain timely and accurate reports on critical production outcomes such as efficiency, downtime, cost, etc.
- Responsible for raw material, purchasing order, and component part purchasing as well as inventories in accordance with Corporate Procurement group. Provides metrics on DOH management efforts.
- Oversees on site warehouse and shipping functions of manufactured foam sheet/rolls ensuring smooth and efficient operations.
- Manage and support the continuous improvement process in safety, quality and productivity.
- Ensures extrusion production schedule is maintained and that it accurately satisfies the FIFO demand and considers current capacity constraints.
- Analyzes business requirements, conducts studies and recommends systems designed to improve efficiency, including those required for inventory control, plant loading, manufacturing best practices, quality standards.
- Ensures accurate volume planning by analyzing forecasts, historical trends, specific customer needs and new business opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains a manufacturing planning system, that support and drive performance to meet company core values and objectives. Tools may include special studies, business plan, internal planning and various manufacturing reports.
- Maintains responsibility for accurate and timely production data collection and entry using SAP, excel, and Tableau.
- Complete and report out month end department reports. To include but not limited to (uptime, scrap, sheet COV, overtime, etc)
- Manages regular cycle counting activities, ensuring accuracy. Coordinates year end physical inventory with Finance team.
- Maintains close contact with internal and external personnel to insure the orderly and responsive execution of customer requirements.
- Activity supports and drive food safety standards, thru self-inspections and reports on deficiencies.
- Performs other duties as directed by Manager.
- Participates in or leads daily schedule meeting and maintains schedule adherence metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering.
- Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective team building and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels in the organization.
- SAP, PLC’s, gravimetric blender systems and lean manufacturing a plus.
- Knowledge of BRC Standard is a plus.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #LI-TM1"
Back to top