Extrusion Machine Operator (Multiple Shifts)
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- Consistently and safely operate extrusion machines at or above standard levels of operation including safety, quality, efficiency, scrap, and utilization. This includes running multiple lines at once, placing finished rolls of sheet onto racks, climbing into towers to sting up extrusion lines, and assisting with roll pulling as needed.
- Trouble shoot, identify and correct machine related problems through proper adjustments to various parts of the machine.
- Provide innovative solutions for production issues.
- Provide support and guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Complete appropriate end of shift paperwork, accounting for crewing time, machine time, and production quantities.
- Inspect and recognize defective product and make machine adjustments to correct cause of defects.
- Observe all housekeeping, standard work, and safety guidelines.
- Mechanical aptitude, demonstrated problem solving skills and effective communication skills - written and verbal are required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to stand on your feet and work for an entire 12 hour shift.
- Must be able to climb stairs and work in an environment with high temperatures.
- May be required to obtain forklift certification.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P” #CB1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top