Extrusion - Machine Operator A
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- Operate assigned Plastic Film Extrusion Machines at required rate
- Starts and stops machines
- Perform general set-up, change-over, shut-down tasks.
- Monitor all extrusion and winding machinery operations on a continuous basis for quality and efficiencies.
- Diagnose/troubleshoot mechanical machine problems and makes adjustments to correct machine problems and maintain run rates.
- Perform necessary adjustments to maintain and/or improve product quality
- Maintain run efficiencies established for the line and products
- Perform quality check at prescribed intervals
- Perform material tasks related to the assigned operations
- Complete paperwork including but not limited to Operator Report, Quality Checks, and other forms as required
- Promptly communicates to supervisor any issues concerning health and safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies.
- Maintain housekeeping around assigned operations.
- Follow company safety procedures and policies
- Assist other operators
- Communicate production information both written and verbal
- Perform all other assigned duties
- Operators earn $18.30/hour. Will serve as a ninety-day temp to hire role while in training.
- Complex machine operation experience required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude required.
- Must have good communication skills—written and verbal and be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency.
- Must be able to use tools as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered. #LI-TM1 "IND1P" #CB2
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top