Extrusion Machine Operator
- Conyers, GA
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
EXTRUSION OPERATORS $$
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our
employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education."
Build your career at Pactiv!
One of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products.
- Competitive pay with quick growth potential plus additional shift premium for nights
- Full-time opportunities - 40 hours per work week with overtime possibilities
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holiday Time-off
- Safety Bonus
- Productivity Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Match
- Training Opportunities
- On-the-job Training to build your career!
This role oversees all production equipment with essential duties that include set up and operation of an extrusion machine. In this role, you will control and monitor machines that shape thermoplastic materials as well as ensure that all machinery is running efficiently, producing quality product, and complete minor mechanical work. This role also involves making adjustments, keeping the equipment and production area clean.
- Safely operate extrusion machine to produce plastic, which include maintaining equipment, keeping records, following production schedules, following safety guidelines, and making sure the final products meet quality standards.
- Mix thermoplastic materials in the form of pellets with colored dyes before feeding it into the extrusion machine.
- Set the dials and controls to regulate vacuum, air pressure, sizing rings, and temperature on the machine to ensure that the created product is the right size, shape and thickness.
- Measure and test final product to make sure that it conforms to the required specifications.
- Trouble shoot, identify and correct machine related problems through proper adjustments to various parts of the machine.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to production staff and assist with training and development.
- Provide innovative solutions for production issues.
- Use cleaning solutions including using grease guns, oilcans, air hoses and cleaning cloths to properly clean equipment and production area with sustainment of the 5S process.
- Qualified candidates’ will have 1 to 2-years’ experience in a fast-paced production environment with some mechanical knowledge of industrial systems preferably with extrusion and plastics compounding.
- Proven mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heavy machinery.
- Previous leadership experience, preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently solve problems, make decisions, and drive effective sustainable solutions with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
"IND1P" #CB1 #ZR
Back to top