Equipment Reliability Project Engineer
PLC Controls Equipment Sustainability (SEQ) Project Engineer
The ideal candidate has previous experience with electrical controls and mechanical upgrades for packaging/process equipment. This person also manages several concurrent capital equipment projects from installation through start-up and can handle any issues that arise.
This position can be based out of our Lake Forest corporate offices, one of our Chicago area plants, or in Atlanta, GA, Dallas, TX, Charlotte, NC, or Canandaigua, NY.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Responsible in the implementation or vetting of upgrade projects as required
- Hands on leader charged with implementing capital projects safely, for projects that range from $0.1 to $5 million dollars.
- Support Controls projects/programs across the company’s production assets.
- Support company production assets by traveling to locations on short notice.
- Capital Project Responsibilities:
- Capital Authorization Request (CAR) creation.
- Create & manage project timeline.
- Develop equipment specifications.
- Identifying qualified capital equipment suppliers, securing/evaluating bids.
- Installation management, including direct supervision of contractors/consultants, coordination with plant, engineering, planning and inventory control, business units.
- Providing engineering documentation, capital spend/forecast reporting and capital closeouts.
- Travel up to 50% mostly to locations in United States and Canada. International travel will be very infrequent.
- BS in Engineering with 7+ years of experience in manufacturing, project management and controls.
- Must demonstrate electrical, mechanical and process aptitude.
- Use experience of process knowledge to apply technology to other processes.
- Develop new process knowledge by applying fundamental engineering practices.
- Must have ability to see the big picture on the entire project scope (process, people, and business systems) to ensure meeting deliverables with effective planning and problem solving.
- Experience in high volume converting operations is preferred.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects and establish priorities with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Project as well as AutoCAD & SAP.
- PLC and Controls System programming required.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P”
Back to top