Plant Engineering Technician
Are you looking to be the Top Dog "Go To" person at the plant, someone who know how to make everything work?
This technical position is a front line individual electrical/mechanical/computer trouble-shooter and systems analyzer. Candidate must have electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, computer and mechanical knowledge that allows a comprehensive and thorough understanding of process and electrical controls. Strong manufacturing background with demonstrated electrical/mechanical/computer aptitude and process troubleshooting skills required. Ability to work independently.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Tasked with performing or assisting with all major and minor electrical repairs including 480V 3-phase motor repairs/installation, motor starter circuit repairs, VFD drives, servo drives, photo-optic sensing devices, proximity switches, E-Stop circuitry, ground fault detection and PLCs using a PC interface.
- Utilize precision measuring tools/devices, hand tools and testing instruments (Amp meter, Ohm meter, testing lamp, meter, oscilloscope, etc.) for electrical equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and electrical symbol identification.
- Ability to load/set-up software and trouble shoot a PC for communication to logic controllers and drives.
- Understand electrical theory including voltage, amperage, resistance, wattage and circuit analysis for AC and DC circuits.
- Troubleshoot any difficult maintenance/process problems that occur throughout the plant with a major emphasis on electrical problems, to include AC and DC drives, PLC (programmable logic controllers) as well as complex motor and servo control systems.
- Mechanical skills with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical devices and apparatus with skills in repairing mechanical equipment.
- Examine mechanical equipment to diagnose problems. Disassemble, repair/replace and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment including such devices as motors, conveyors, pumps, belts, chains, etc.
- Read mechanical prints and technical data during the installation and repair of equipment. In addition, the ability to read and interpret PI&D drawings.
- Qualified candidates require either a 2-year Industrial Electrical Degree or 8+ years equivalent experience in an industrial environment.
- High degree of mechanical ability and aptitude with proven ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on electro-mechanical equipment.
- Advanced computer skills required.
- Able to operate forklift and high-lift equipment is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with little to no supervision.
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours and be on-call for weekends.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. #CB1 "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Back to top