Engineering Project Lead - Bridgeview, IL
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Project Engineering Manager for the design procurement and installation of systems or equipment related to Plant Utilities & Infrastructure. These include: Electrical services & power distribution; compressed air, vacuum, process cooling water (ae. cooling towers, chillers and process water treatment.), boilers, generators, HVAC and building automation systems.
- Manage multiple projects to effectively meet deadlines.
- Provide analysis and report of electrical power distribution systems and infrastructure equipment to support new production equipment installations and potential plant expansions. This should include the initial design, sizing, equipment specifications, and the cost investment detail estimates.
- Communicate with various utilities to determine available capacity to support future loads.
- Coordinate between plant and utility for new services installations and scheduled power outages.
- Identify creative solutions for cost savings and/or achieving strategic goals.
- Perform periodic review for various plants of their preventative maintenance programs and service agreements related to infrastructure equipment, assuring that plant facilities and production equipment are properly maintained.
- Work with various plants technical and operations resources to identify capital deployment opportunities.
- Responsible for CAR submissions and coordination of capital activities.
- Provide engineering support and resources as needed to sustain plant infrastructure reliability.
- Help to develop the technical talent in the group.
- Acts as internal consultant providing technical guidance on the most complex projects and problems by applying creativity, innovation, tools, methods, and techniques integrated with technical insights, knowledge and experience to form conclusions and resolutions.
- BS degree in engineering preferred, with 10 years of applicable experience in engineering field with demonstrated project and process management skills.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills and negotiation skills required.
- Experienced in Excel, Word & Microsoft Project
- Experienced user of AutoCAD required.
- Experience with Maintenance Connection (work order system) and SAP is a plus.
- Previous hands-on experience working with any or all of infrastructure equipment listed above is desired. Familiarity working within manufacturing environment and with process equipment also desired.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve various technical related issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish priorities using good project management techniques
- Ability to travel.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status. "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Joanie W.Project Lead
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top