Electro Mechanical Technician
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
- Follow all Standard work practices as defined by CIL (continuous improvement leader) which includes tasks such as: All Safety Policies such as Lockout Tagout procedures, Critical Safety Rules, plant and department safety rules, PPE, MSDS policy and procedures, plant fire protection systems alarms, and proper startup and shut down of all equipment.
- Follow Good Housekeeping procedures.
- Complete Work orders following the proper procedure.
- Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC motor controls, single and 3 phase electrical circuits, electronic drives, and PLC controls.
- Install electrical conduit and machine wiring installation of motors up to 600 hp, fabricate and install brackets and mounting for electrical boxes and disconnects.
- Inspect, test and clean AC and DC motors and replace brushes as needed.
- Perform PM’s on thermo-formers, trim presses, extrusion equipment and support equipment.
- Comply will all Plant and Pactiv wide policies and procedures.
- Perform diagnostics on all equipment and effective troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Train co-workers on electrical related issues and signoff on training
- .Any and all duties as assigned
SPECIFIC SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Education (minimum requirements): Basic Electricity 1 & 2 or equivalent. High-School Diploma. Electrical Trade School Certificate Preferred.
- Experience (minimum requirements): 3– 5 years of previous electrical experience.
- Knowledge of Electrical components of Thermo-formers, Extruders, Crystallizers and Dryers preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and read electrical schematics/blueprints.
- Must be able to operate Lift/Scissor Truck.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with managers and co-workers.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top