Electro Mechanical Technician
- Rosemont, IL
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
"At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education."
- Follow all Standard work practices as defined by CIL (continuous improvement leader) which includes tasks such as: All Safety Policies such as Lockout Tagout procedures, Critical Safety Rules, plant and department safety rules, PPE, MSDS policy and procedures, plant fire protection systems alarms, and proper startup and shut down of all equipment.
- Follow Good Housekeeping procedures.
- Complete Work orders following the proper procedure.
- Troubleshoot and repair AC and DC motor controls, single and 3 phase electrical circuits, electronic drives, and PLC controls.
- Install electrical conduit and machine wiring installation of motors up to 600 hp, fabricate and install brackets and mounting for electrical boxes and disconnects.
- Inspect, test and clean AC and DC motors and replace brushes as needed.
- Perform PM’s on thermo-formers, trim presses, extrusion equipment and support equipment.
- Comply will all Plant and Pactiv wide policies and procedures.
- Perform diagnostics on all equipment and effective troubleshoot equipment failures.
- Train co-workers on electrical related issues and signoff on training.
- .Any and all duties as assigned.
- Education (minimum requirements): Basic Electricity 1 & 2 or equivalent. High-School Diploma. Electrical Trade School Certificate Preferred.
- Experience (minimum requirements): 3– 5 years of previous electrical experience.
- Knowledge of Electrical components of Thermo-formers, Extruders, Crystallizers and Dryers preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical circuits and read electrical schematics/blueprints.
- Must be able to operate Lift/Scissor Truck.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with managers and co-workers.
Pactiv LLC is the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America and beyond. Since its founding in 1965, Pactiv has grown to support its customers, providing the broadest selection of products made from over a dozen materials. Today, the company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Illinois, and operates over 60 facilities with more than 14,000 employees across the globe. For more information, visit www.pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
#CB1 #ZR "IND1P"
Back to top