Electrical Mechanical Maintenance Technician
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facility's electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Diagnoses electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical issues associated with all equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Reads electrical schematics and interprets specifications.
- Troubleshoots high-voltage systems up to 480 volt 3-phase, 500 volts DC, and low-voltage control circuits.
- Tests equipment operation including digital multi-meters and amp meters.
- Analyzes and repairs electro-mechanical equipment, fixtures, and process control equipment including processors, sensors, drives, instrumentations, etc.
- Maintains housekeeping in areas of assigned responsibility to ensure a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalency; 3-5 years related experience.
- Strong knowledge of electrical theory including basic ohms-law application.
- Mechanical skills to include experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to utilize hand tools for repair of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to operate forklifts, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, decision making ability and mathematical knowledge.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Experience in a thermoforming and extrusion environment preferred.
- Welding experience a plus.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847) 482-4320 or email [email protected]. Please clearly indicate that you need assistance.
Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered. "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top