This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Pactiv-Bedford Park Campus is seeking an energetic and passionate EH&S Leader for one of our largest locations. Pactiv-Bedford Park Campus operates on a 24/7 schedule.
The ideal EH&S Leader will:
- Be capable of driving change across the three facilities that formulate the Bedford Park Campus
- Have a passion for injury prevention, compliance, and risk reduction
- Be capable of facilitating and sponsoring employee led teams that solve problems and lead the campus to World Class Safety
- Be capable of aligning the local team and influencing others to achieve the desired EH&S performance objectives
DESCRIPTION: Performs a variety of EH&S Tasks including but not limited to: Leading the local OSHA and EPA Compliance activities, Managing Work Comp Claims with our Third Party Administrator, Initiating, driving, and managing key injury prevention activities, Sponsoring employee led teams, Engaging associates, and Monitoring and managing our leading and lagging indicators.
- Develops, evaluates and maintains effective health/safety policy and procedures to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements, these activities include but are not limited to Safe Operating Procedures, , Lockout/Tagout, Hearing Conservation, and Powered Industrial Trucks
- Administers environmental compliance activities including but not limited to: tracking, reporting, scheduling, and sampling as necessary.
- Maintains effective relationships with external parties such as: regulatory agencies/governmental agencies, vendors, suppliers, customers, and local occupational health clinics.
- Conducts routine audits and inspections of our environmental procedures and controls. Recommends and facilitates corrective actions to maintain the effectiveness of the procedures and controls.
- BS degree, preferably in safety, industrial hygiene, or environmental related discipline and 5+ years of related experience.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge of Air Permits, NPDES and Storm Water Pollution Prevention Programs, and Waste Management. Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work non-traditional business hours as needed. Our locations operates 24/7 and the ideal candidate will have the occasional need to be in the facility during non-traditional business hours.
- Must be able to work at other locations that may include overnight travel on occasion.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #LI-TM1”IND1P” #CB2
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top