Egg Carton Printer Operator
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Responsible for performing the job duties at the Printer, and Wrapper to produce PET/PS egg cartons to customer specifications. Maintains excellent safety and housekeeping standards. Verifies quality against a visual representation of the final product to ensure all cartons are produced to specifications.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Effectively operate industrial printing equipment
• Ability to change and service industrial printer heads
• Consistently and safely operates machines at or above standard levels of operation including waste, quality, efficiency and utilization.
• Trouble shoot, identify and correct machine related problems through proper adjustments to various parts of the machine.
• Provide innovative solutions for production issues.
• Provides support and guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Completes appropriate shift paperwork, accounting for machine downtime and production quantities.
• Ability to inspect and recognize defective product and make machine adjustments to correct cause of defects.
• Observe all housekeeping, standard work and safety guidelines.
• Mechanical aptitude, demonstrated problem solving skills and effective communication skills - written and verbal are required.
• Follows all documented safety, quality, and production procedures
• Demonstrates proper use of tools
• Ensures a smooth transition at shift change.
• Immediately addresses safety issues or hazards.
• Follows established break schedule.
• Maintains solid, proactive communication with operators and plant supervision.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Extensive experience with multiple print heads/colors and a variety of font sizes with graphics.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Ability to work safely and to communicate with others in a professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability sufficient to determine product quality, for example, carton malformations, color verification, and structural integrity.
• Demonstrated hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for product handling.
• Ability to work in an industrial environment with rotating shifts.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Ability to perform basic math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and writing work and answers as required.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma and/or GED preferred
• Experience operating industrial printing equipment
• Experience troubleshooting industrial printing equipment
• 2 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Environment; including successful completion of jobs or similar activities requiring control of a mechanical process and inspection of product to meet quality standards
Must be physically able to perform the essential job duties:
• Stand for a prolonged period of time
• Lift 26 - 36 pounds on a frequent basis
• Work in a hot environment
• Work an 8-10-hour schedule
• Work Overtime as required
• Ability to travel out of state for training
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #ZR
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top