Dry end Operator (Conversion of Temps)
- Macon, GA
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holdings Limited
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Job Function: Responsible for performing the job duties at the Floatline to produce molded fiber egg cartons to customer specifications. Maintains excellent safety and housekeeping standards, and verifies quality to meet production standards.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows all documented safety, quality, and production procedures to include all JSAs for the Floatline and Hotpress.
- Verifies two consecutive cartons per outfeed row on an hourly basis, to look for: under/over bite; wide/pinched sides; cut outs/malformations; stiff flap/hinges; scuffing; dirty molds; lock button formation; excessive flashing/fuzz (edge, lock holes, windows); denesting lug formation; scorch; tint verification; smoothness of lid; score marks present; and general carton aesthetics.
- Hand feeds cartons into the line to increase productivity and/or decrease broke.
- Demonstrates proper use of tools (dowel rods, picks, and brushes).
- Ensures excellent housekeeping standards to maintain a safe work area.
- Ensures a smooth transition at shift change.
- Immediately addresses safety issues or hazards.
- Follows established break schedule.
- Maintains solid, proactive communication with operators and plant supervision.
- Demonstrated self-compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent safety record.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Works overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential job duties: stand approximately 10 hours per shift, lift <5 pounds on a frequent basis, and work in a hot/cold environment.
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour schedule.
- Two years of experience in a manufacturing environment; including successful completion of jobs or similar activities requiring control of a mechanical process and inspection of product to meet quality standards.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work safely and to communicate with others in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability sufficient to determine product quality, for example, carton malformations, color verification, and structural integrity.
- Demonstrated hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient for product handling.
- Ability to work in an industrial environment with rotating shifts.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
Pactiv LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Back to top