Director of Maintenance
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
General Summary: The purpose of this position is to ensure that Pactiv’s Standard for maintenance processes and activities to increase reliability and reduce costs across 42 manufacturing sites in North America are in place, being used and effective.
- Develop and Execute Pactiv maintenance strategy as well as technology obsolescence strategy. (Platform KPIs, Planned Maintenance Stds, Predictive Technology, Skill training, TPM etc) (30%)
- Build maintenance skill capability and leadership level in plants. Develop and implement standard work. Directs the overall technical training activities for maintenance personnel. (30%)
- Support plant OEE improvements by driving maintenance best practices and auditing to highlight opportunities for maximum impact. (15%)
- Identify and select high leverage area for improvement such as standardizing PM practices or centralizing rebuilds. (5%)
- Leads and individually executes reliability improvement projects to drive down delivered product costs and maintenance parts inventory. (10%)
- Scope to include promoting standardization, simplification, and flexibility to support business unit productivity and lean goals, identification of opportunities, driving major cost reduction projects, writing multi-plant CARs, and transferring best practices. (5%)
- Support meeting service targets. Scope to include resolving major equipment failures/process problems. (5%)
Education: Bachelors in Engineering – Required.
- 15 years of plant experience in technical and management roles - well versed in all facets of plant operations and maintenance with a strong emphasis on safety.
- Technical experience must include improving facility infrastructure (compressed air, chilled water, power distribution, etc.) preferably in a high volume converting or processing environment.
- Implementation of Total Productive Maintenance process
Skills & Training:
- Demonstrated success record as change management leader at multisite level. Ability to influence and inspire others with passion for action is critical.
- Proficient with cost analysis and using financial indicators as basis for improvements.
- Strong analytical skills using standard software packages such as Excel and maintenance work order systems to identify opportunities and validate holding improvement gains.
- 75% travel within North America
- Location - Lake Forest, IL preferred.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #LI-TM1
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top