This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
This position supports the Production Supervisor in accomplishing the operations of the thermoforming department’s overall mission. Responsibilities are for a set group of teams and includes, but are not limited to: running lines as necessary, mechanical troubleshooting and repair and training of all levels of Associates to achieve or exceed the following goals: productivity, operations, safety, quality, cost, and team effectiveness. The position will be required to work overtime. The job responsibilities in this posting are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum certified and assigned B-Operator or equivalent skills
- Operate Thermoformers, padders, and packaging equipment at a rate that equals or exceeds quality and production standards; perform adjustments as needed.
- Assist with set-ups for all equipment when necessary
- Responsible for clean-up at end of shift and good housekeeping at all times
- Know locations of and how to operate emergency stop buttons and fire extinguisher
- Fully train new operators
- Provide relief to other members of team as necessary
- Meet eligibility requirements to drive a forklift
- Complete quality checks of foam trays according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of plant/team daily operations
- Possess good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and empowerment
- GMP Responsibilities:
- All associates are responsible to comply with operational methods, personnel practices and all communicated requirements to ensure a safe and productive work environment and overall product safety.
- Execute said duties to maintain compliance with stated product safety/GMP, legal, regulatory and quality systems requirements.
- Possess a positive professional attitude
- Knowledgeable about Extrusion Processes or ability to learn
- Knowledge of packaging equipment, including troubleshooting & repairs
- Must be able to learn and demonstrate a thorough understanding of business computer applications
- Must be able to learn mold changes & set-up including packaging equipment
PERSONAL ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Operator Qualified in either extrusion or thermoforming
- No more than 6 attendance frequencies.
- No Step 2 corrective actions within the last six months.
- Positive recommendation from Production Manager/Supervisor
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #ZR
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top