Responsible for generating data insights and identifying and validating innovation opportunities. This position is part of Pactiv’s digital manufacturing transformation by implementing, supporting, and continuously optimizing digital manufacturing solutions to improve overall OEE and reduce cost. It will partner with the plants by providing services needed to conduct deployment assessments, surface innovation opportunities, and continuously innovate digital manufacturing capabilities.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Mine, process, and analyze data from multiple sources to identify meaningful relationships, patterns, or trends from complex data sets
- Define problems to be solved and apply advanced data science methods including machine learning algorithms, to discover opportunities to increase OEE, reduce cost per pound or provide insights to plants on process disruptions
- Maintain and tune analytical models to predict and monitor the condition of plant assets
- Prepare data insights in narrative or visual forms, e.g., dashboards for stakeholder review or decision making, etc.
- Implement and maintain data standards, data processes, and new analytics capabilities to continuously enhance asset intelligence
- Ability to travel occasionally (10-30% - depending on location) to work with Solutions Manager and the plants as required.
- BS/MS Computer Science and/or Engineering
- 1 – 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of data infrastructures and data hierarchies
- 1 – 3 of years of experience in data model development, data visualization, and application of advanced analytics to drive business outcomes
- Background in operations research or related field, e.g., Industrial Engineering, and manufacturing experience preferred
Key Past Experience
- Using Python or R programming languages
- Maintaining data storage and/or architecting databases for ease of use
- Using analytics models and different algorithms to solve business problems / achieve specific business benefits
- Hands-on experience in data visualization (e.g, dashboards) and use of tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlikview) to articulate complex concepts simply to a broad audience (users, technical and functional teams, and senior management)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methods (e.g., t testing, regression) and tools (e.g., R)
Skills & Attributes:
- Proficiency with statistical analysis methods and tools, e.g., Python or R
- Ability to utilize data to identify problems and translate to provide solutions
- Knowledge of machine learning disciplines and algorithms
- Understanding of process areas (leadership/supervision, process, maintenance)
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P”
Back to top