Commercial Finance Manager
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Serves as a key liaison between the Commercial team and the Finance organization
- Drives the commercial planning and financial forecasting/budgeting process by developing in-month and 18-month forward channel-level forecasts by customer, factoring in variability in gross price, allowances and material/conversion costs and presents to BU/channel management
- Supports senior management with information to assist with business decision making (predictive/actionable information and data points)
- Responsible for monthly analysis, including detailed variance analysis
- Continuously improve and maintain transparency of activities across the BU
- Assists with the annual rebate program process, coordinating with regional sales managers to understand, analyze and recommend programs that will aid in Pactiv’s growth (& coordinates proper validation of distributor rebate payments)
- Creates and maintains a look-forward customer profitability model, which pulls data from multiple locations to efficiently calculate the forecasted profitability of a customer for the next 12 months and factors in potential options in rebates or other items to calculate a pro-forma profitability.
- Partners with IT to improve data integrity.
- Overseas the work of 2 direct reports
- Coordinate monthly Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) tracking
- Drive corporate initiatives to field sales
- BA/BS required with emphasis in finance or accounting (MBA/CPA preferred)
- 6+ years of experience in a financial analytical role with specific experience in GTN accounting. Public accounting experience preferred
- In-depth understanding of income statement analysis
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills with an ability to anticipate the needs of the stakeholders and take quick action to satisfy
- Experience collaborating and working successfully with stakeholders and teams, with particular ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong computer literacy, including familiarity with database development and reporting tools, proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel); SAP & HFM/Essbase experience preferred
- Must have flexibility to work evenings and weekends as deadlines warrant it
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top