This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com
The machine operator will operate Beaded Foam Cup Forming Machines at required rates and efficiencies. The operator will perform maintenance tasks including but not limited to changing hoses, valves, molds, and machine parts. The machine operator will monitor and make adjustments to bagger equipment and/or automation In order to maintain product quality, the machine operator will ensure the quality attributes of the product and will perform necessary line adjustments to maintain and/ or improve product quality. Achieve objectives to maintain and improve the quality, safety and legality of product manufactured.
- Operate assigned Beaded Foam Cup Forming Machines at required rate
- Perform maintenance tasks including but not limited to changing hoses, valves, molds, and machine parts
- Troubleshoot mechanical machine problems
- Use troubleshooting skills to fix problems to maintain run rates.
- Monitor and make adjustments to bagger equipment and/or automation
- Maintain quality attributes of product
- Perform necessary line adjustments to maintain and/ or improve product quality
- Maintain run efficiencies established for the line and products.
- Perform quality check at prescribed intervals
- Perform material tasks related to the pre-expansion area
- Perform tasks related to baggers and automation
- Perform or assist in machine changeovers.
- Complete paperwork including but not limited to Operator Report, Quality Checks, and other forms as required
- Promptly communicates to supervisor any issues concerning health and safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies.
- Maintain housekeeping around assigned line.
- Follow company safety procedures and policies
- Assist other operators
- Communicate production information both written and verbal
- Perform all other assigned duties
Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and technical skills.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be able to use hand tools. Hand tools required.
- Must effectively communicate to resolve print production and quality issues
Must have 2+ years of machine operator and set-up experience.
Language Skills: English; Spanish helpful, but not required.
Mathematical Skills: Basic Math aptitude required.
Computer Skills: Basic PC knowledge.
Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
Work Environment: Loud, humid, extreme heat (depending on season), dusty, fumes, Must be flexible for overtime and COP work schedule.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. #CB1 "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
As a Project Lead, Joanie works to drive Pactiv's revenue growth by improving marketing strategies, increasing efficiencies, and finding new ways to better serve the company's customers.
Back to top