Category & Business Development Manager - Distribution Sales Operations
Category Manager - Distribution Sales Operations
The Category Manager - Distribution Sales Operations position focuses on supporting the National Sales Manager and sales team with general reporting, category analysis and GFS insight needs. Additionally, this role will develop analytical tools that will maximize category share growth, opportunity tracking, sales deployment and profitability.
The position can be based in Grand Rapids, Michigan or, if you are willing to travel, can be based in our Lake Forest, IL corporate offices.
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
- Develop analysis & insights that highlight assortment opportunities (at the local, regional and national levels) and identifies emerging product trends and risks
- Assist in the development of GFS analytical capabilities and enhancements including leveraging category data and customer reporting to identify growth opportunities and strategies that deliver solutions to the operator
- Deliver general category management reporting to highlight business performance, as well as performs ad hoc analysis to support category initiatives and needs
- Supports district & national account managers with necessary data and insights including sales targets at the operator level
- Provide regular GFS insights and recommendations resulting in a deeper understanding of the category
- Assist in the data and insight needs associated with the development of category business plans
- Bachelor’s Degree (MBA is a plus)
- 3-5 year’s experience and success working in a category management or category analytics environment
- Ability to work cross functionally with a wide range of people to achieve a common result
- Accurate, detail-oriented and organized
- The ability to apply a business sense to analytics to rationalize the validity of the output
- Experience and success working in project management, customer research or consulted selling (is a plus)
- Experience and success within the food distribution business and knowledge of the food “Away from Home” operator segment (is a plus)
Must Have Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience and success in building and managing reporting systems, master databases and data hierarchies
- Expert in managing and manipulating large data sets (from multiple sources)
- Expert in building and utilizing relational databases (either using Microsoft Excel or Access) to merge data set together to product action market insights
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran’s status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #LI-TM1 ”IND1P”
Back to top