Boiler & Compressor Operator
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, molded-fiber packaging, and plastic film. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Boiler & Compressor Operator duties include:
- Safely – Work safely following OSHA guidelines and Pactiv rules.
- Operate or tend stationary engines and boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors and air-conditioning equipment, in order to supply and maintain steam for the plant.
- Observe and interpret readings on gauges, meters, and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation, in order to ensure that boilers are operating properly.
- Test boiler water quality or arrange for testing; and take any necessary corrective action, such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits.
- Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
- Monitor boiler water, chemical, and fuel levels, and make adjustments to maintain required levels.
- Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions, and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely. Conducts scheduled safety checks and PMs of boiler and related equipment.
- Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems.
- Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
- Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of systems and/or industrial processes.
- Maintain supplies required for operation and maintenance of boilers and related equipment
- Coordinate with Maintenance Manager to prepare all related equipment for regulatory inspections.
- Interact with and assist Maintenance Manager to respond to requests from outside (state and/or local government) agencies that perform inspections of equipment in order to maintain boiler certifications.
- Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for housekeeping in area(s) of responsibility to ensure a safe, clean and neat work environment.
- Conduct safety/security walk arounds and gate control during off-shifts and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Should be knowledgeable in pneumatics, blue/schematic print reading (mechanical/electrical), welding, using shop equipment, and fabrication.
- Should possess electrical background with experience in troubleshooting and must be familiar with AC and DC drives and PLC’s.
- 2 - 3 years related experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving and electrical and mechanical skills are also required.
- Ability to communicate in English clearly, both in writing and verbally is required, as is the ability to perform basic mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential.
- Will use computer to enter data and maintain data for reports.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email [email protected] Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiters and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered. #LI-TM1 "IND1P"
Meet Some of Pactiv's Employees
Customer Account Representative
As a Customer Account Representative within Pactiv's Foodservice Distribution Unit, Saki works with a number of high-level accounts and ensures that distribution runs smoothly.
Back to top