This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc. At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visit www.Pactiv.com.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to machine alarms as they occur, identify the root cause, correct as needed
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, or pneumatic systems
- Repair and maintain electrical controls on molding and assembly
- Upload programs in the event of program loss or CPU replacement
- Repair robot end tools, mechanical systems, and controls, calibrate and adjust robot pick and place points if needed or add additional functions to Robot.
- Identify risk areas likely to cause equipment break-downs, participate in projects for the purpose of improving equipment reliability, process improvement, production efficiency, lean manufacturing, quality assurance, etc.
- The ability to monitor high speed assembly automation, determine what needs to be corrected, and carries out repair, upgrade, or adjustments.
- Well versed in the use of precision measuring devices and inspection tools such as calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Perform Periodic Preventive Maintenance procedures as scheduled as well as gives recommendations for PM updates that will ensure equipment reliability.
- Constant floor presence (this is not a “sit at a desk" role)
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- HS Diploma or Equivalency
- Preferred associates degree.
- Preferred experience with Wittmann and Krauss Maffei automation
- 5 + years automation technician experience within Injection Molding industry.
- Robotics programming and/or vision system design and programming.
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pactiv complies with the laws and regulations outlined in the following EEO is The Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling (847)482-4320 or email [email protected] . Please clearly indicate that you need assistance. Recruiter and general inquiries of any kind will not be answered.
Back to top