Automation Controls Technician
- Hickory Hills, IL
AUTOMATION CONTROL TECHNICIAN
This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc., a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Starting wage up to $52.00/hr!
Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!
Highest priority role is quickly troubleshooting plant control systems to minimize downtime & scrap. As necessary, coordinate with other skilled personnel to bring systems back on line. Control systems include PLCs, robotics, networked controllers, supervisor controllers, process controllers, and AC or DC motors and drives. Typical line control for manufacturing processes encompass resin pellet conveyance, extrusion, thermoforming, printing, and automated packaging.
Secondary role is daily walk through of production lines developing and implementing maintenance programs to prevent potential problems on automated product handling processes, such as: counting, conveying, bagging, case packing, and robotic palletizing systems. If appropriate, take immediate corrective action such as making a repair or working with line operator to return line to set up conditions. If that is not possible, issue maintenance work orders or provide recommended preventive actions to operators. Once walk through standard work has been completed, balance of shift would be supporting maintenance with line repairs or automation changeovers.
As assigned, perform the following support tasks.
- Provide technical input to drive safety, equipment reliability and productivity improvements.
- Conduct basic controls training for maintenance personnel.
- Share expertise with production personnel by coaching them with tips to reduce automation downtime & scrap.
- Assist with environmental and safety compliance
- Perform all other task assigned as needed by the business and operations
- Technical school certificate or diploma in a specific work-related area such as PLC or drive certifications, and a minimum of 5 years of work experience with troubleshooting control systems with the following.
- Identifying and correct control problems with PLCs, HMI displays, safety/operational interlocks, photo eyes, drives and servos.
- Using a laptop for running diagnostics of a controller including those on a network.
- Reading drawings such as electrical schematics, P&ID’s (control loops), and ladder logic as an aid in troubleshooting.
- Understand industrial networking.
- Demonstrate a high standard for following safe practices such lock-out/tag-out procedures and precautions including arc flash compliance, NFPA 70E.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and apply efficiently.
- Capability to understand complex systems and quickly find solutions to control problems with a sense of urgency.
- Must be self-starter and must demonstrate the initiative to identify and solve problems. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Solid verbal communication and listening skills to work effectively with various personnel in the plant such as production operators, supervisors, maintenance electricians/mechanics, and engineers.
- Controls experience with the following:
- Interfacing with PC based control systems such as Ignition.
- Error recovery and troubleshooting for robot operations. Capability to operate teach pendant, re-teach position, and understand operation flow chart.
- Loading recipes and programs into controllers.
- Transferring drive parameters for AC or DC motor drive replacement.
- Running diagnostics and tune process controllers (such as temperature).
- Calibrating various equipment per manufacturer’s instructions such as transducers and blender fill rates.
- Specific training related to Allen Bradley or Siemens control & drive equipment.
- Evaluating and implementing preventive/predictive maintenance programs on A.C. and D.C. motors, drives and other electrical equipment.
- Experience with automated packaging.
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
"IND1P" #CB2 #LI-TM1
Back to top